Read by QxMD is a mobile app designed to bring personalized content to your mobile devices. Read will make it much simpler and easier for you to keep up to date with the latest research in your field and to share it with others
What Can I Do with Read?
- Access full-text articles – Read presents article abstracts for quick perusal. With one tap, you can get full-text access to articles that are available via Columbia University library subscriptions.
- Follow Journals – When following a journal, you are notified as soon as new content is added
- Follow Keywords – Add simple terms or build sophisticated queries. You are notified when new articles containing the search terms become available.
- Download, Save, Annotate, and Share Articles – Underline, highlight, add notes to full-text articles. Save annotated articles to your device for offline reading. Articles can be shared via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
How Do I Start Using Read?
- Download the app for your iOS or Android device.
- Register for a personal account, identifying journal titles you want to follow and specialty areas of interest to you.
- Login with your personal account credentials.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top right of the screen (hint: it looks like a gear)
- Under Account Settings, select Institutional Access. Find and select Columbia University from the list of available institutions.
- Select your login preferences – most users will want to select Automatic Login Using their Uni. Then, enter your Uni and password in the accompanying form. This enables Read to retrieve full-text articles based on the university’s subscriptions.