There are eight group study rooms located on Lower Level 1 of the Hammer Building. In Spring 2018, we sent a survey to all of the students who had made a reservation in the past academic year. Our top findings are:
- Library group study rooms are used by students of all of the CUIMC schools.
- Most people book a room for 2-3 hours.
- The most popular time period for reservations is between 10am and 6pm.
- Overall, the group study rooms received a "Good" rating for furniture, maintenance, and whiteboards.
Comments about the rooms include these areas:
- timeliness of room reservation postings
- additional furniture/space
The Health Sciences Library is working to address the issues raised by students. For example, we will be renovating the Library Reading Room (LL1-112) to provide upgraded quiet study space. We are also working with CUIMC Facilities to block out weekly periods for room cleaning. We are developing a plan of action to address other issues, but if you have questions or comments please contact Eric Dillalogue, Access Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.